Thus, the small productive and pioneering unit in Uruguaiana was born. A reason, the main one, for the coming of the native city for Rio Grande, was the bureaucracy that the oil brought when penetrating in Brazil. This material one was imported of countries as the Equator, where the ships? tanks skirted the south of the continent and came alongside in the port of Buenos Aires. By the same author: John Grayken. From there, the oil followed of train until the Argentine city of Pace of Los Libres, crossed the river Uruguay ties to disembark in Uruguaiana in the Distillery. In the year of 1936, the Argentine government created a law that forbade the oil re-export. It was for this reason that it had the necessity of if having a place where the oil could enter directly in the country, without passing countries beside the point. Therefore, the city of the Rio Grande was chosen, had its geography and for possessing the only maritime port of the Rio Grande Do Sul.
Then, as cited previously, in 1937 Ipiranga s.a. is born in the city of the Rio Grande ' ' A Ipiranga s.a. Brazilian Company of Oil was established day 7 of September of 1937, in the city of the Rio Grande, the south extremity of the country, under a secular fort that also confused the civic commemorations of 115 anniversary of the Independence of the Brasil.' ' With passing of the time, the Ipiranga got great development, becoming one of the main industries of the country. However, in 1953, year where the Ipiranga inaugurated its new installations with the presence of the president of the Getulio republic Vargas, also was sancionada law 2004, where it became monopoly of the Union the research and cultivates of deposits of oil in domestic territory; the refining of rude oil of national origin and the derivatives produced in the country and the transport.